What is SEO?
SEO, or search engine optimization, is the term used to describe the process of driving a website to be more popular on search engines such as Google, Yahoo, etc. When people search phrases or words in a search engine (also known as keywords), the results and the order that they appear in is the direct effect of SEO.
Do you need SEO?
Generally most businesses would answer this question with a resounding yes; however how much you choose to invest into SEO is dependent upon how you want to do business. A lot of business that you generate most likely derives from word of mouth referrals, however, studies from Forrester Research shows that 93% of consumers worldwide use search engines to find and access websites.
Consumers are significantly more likely to initiate contact and purchase a product or service from a business that they can find online. If your site can’t be easily located online, then your business is missing out on substantial prospective business.
How does SEO work?
There are a lot of factors concerning SEO. The keywords you choose and the popularity of the search for them and the competition that you have with those keywords are just the beginning. The titles, descriptions, URL names, HTML framework/validity, tags and how they are used are also crucial factors. Backlinks to your site and popularity are also factors.
Benefits from SEO
- The first and the most obvious benefit is time-saving. A good SEO tool does your 3-hour manual work in 3 minutes. Time is money, they say. Save your time, save your money.
- SEO software automates your SEO work at every step so that it becomes more effective and better organized.
- SEO can save your work from the mistakes related to human factors. Human beings are prone to making mistakes, especially when distracted. Now headache, family row or interesting TV-program is unlikely to influence your SEO tool. Your SEO is protected against mistakes that can cost you much.
- They automatically save your work history. An SEO tool collects and presents the information on your SEO campaign success over a period of time. It keeps you informed, whether you are moving in the right direction or not and suggests when something is to be changed.
- SEO tools can be scheduled to work on autopilot. Sometimes SEO software (for example SEO PowerSuite) can be scheduled to perform the tasks on autopilot. You have your time to spend it on whatever you want.
- Cheaper than SEO companies’ service, even the most expensive SEO tool is many times cheaper than services from professional SEOs that may cost you some $4,000 monthly. Besides, it seems quite illogical to pay some guys for using the same tools you can use yourself.
SEO is not a science nor magic or some other sort of mystery that only a few very special people have the brains to understand. Effective search engine optimization truly does a lot of work.